A few weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a haircut .. and mightily pleased with it I was to ! I was a little strapped for cash that week so instead of cold hard moulah a deal was struck and I promised to pay her in cake ! Condensed milk cake no less with her being a condensed milk addict …. I know , right ?? Now I am no stranger to condensed milk and use it often in my plethora of fudges , however I have never used it in a cake before !! So here’s my first attempt at Condensed milk cake …
Condensed Milk cake
180g plain flour
200g granulated sugar
115g butter, softened
1 397g tin condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp baking poder
2tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg until well combined. Add the whole tin of condensed milk and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix well.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture , scrape down the sides when necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until the top is golden brown . test if the cake if cooked through by inserting a skewer or cocktail stick into the cake . If it comes out clean , it’s done .. if it doesn’t pop it back in for 5 mins more ( If the top is over browning cover with greaseproof paper)
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve with a steaming hot fresh coffee cup of coffee or a refreshing cup of tea … let’s face it whatever you serve it with this cake is going to make you zing …. Let me know if you try it and if the sugar rush is as high as I think it might be !!! As for my friend … I’ll let you know her verdict tomorrow when she is given her payment …..